The attachment between teeth and gums is not a rigid one. The teeth are supported by the gums (gingiva) and the tooth’s root is fixed in the gum socket by periodontal ligaments. Here I will discuss some Periodontal Disease Treatment At Home options.
Between the gums and the teeth there is a V- shaped gap known as the sulcus, it is this gap which is affected by periodontal disease, which causes the tooth supporting tissues to break down.
If the gum tissue is affected only, the condition is referred to as gingivitis, if the gum connecting tissue and supporting bones of the teeth is damaged then the condition is known as periodontitis.
Dental plaque is the main cause of periodontitis, this bacterial film adheres to the surface of the gums and teeth and is not easily removed by usual teeth cleaning. The bacteria in the plaque give out toxins which cause injury to the gum tissue.
Plaque will build up on these surfaces and turn into a hard substance called tartar, and once the tartar develops the only method of removal is by having the teeth cleaned by a dentist. Read more about how to Reverse receding gums?
Causes Associated with Periodontal Gum Disease.
- Diabetes can worsen the periodontal disorder. Poor healing of the gum tissue and a larger degree of loss of the connective tissue between the tooth and gum, is far more likely if the blood sugar level is not controlled.
- Cigarette smoking has an adverse effect on the oral tissue because of a reduced immune response level. Smokers have a 7 times greater chance of developing periodontitisd than non smokers.
- Certain changes in both hormone level and activity can make people more prone to gum disease receding gums. Stress and pregnancy can cause such hormonal changes.
- There are medicines which may be being used for other medical conditions, which can make a person more susceptible to oral infection and gum disease. Medicines for the treatments of blood pressure, steroid drugs, and anticoagulants can all affect the gums. Any drug which can reduce the flow of saliva, leading to dry mouth will also increase the risk of gum infection.
Symptoms of Gum Diseases
- Halitosis (bad breath), swelling and bleeding of the gums.
- In the more severe form of gingivitis, ANUG, or Acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis, tenderness and soreness of the gums is common along with a white deposit on the gums, which requires antibiotic treatment for its removal. Click this link for more Regrowgums.com
- Bacterial agents and toxins from enzymes released by the immune system combine to attack the gum connective tissue and the bones which support the teeth.
- The roots of the teeth can be exposed due to recession of the gums. Holes may appear in the teeth and may be sensitive to touch.
- In the space pocket between the gum and the tooth, tartar will have established a hold within the deepened gum pocket and will be difficult to remove, encouraging bacterial activity.
- Due to the recession of the gums, the teeth tend to lose their support and become loose in the gums.
Know More About Can Receding Gums Grow Back
If the condition has reached this stage, then urgent dental treatment is required, and perhaps if the oral situation is beyond the usual tartar cleaning methods of scaling, and root planing, then oral surgery may be necessary.
Best Periodontal Disease Treatment At Home
Now you can reverse receding gums and Periodontal Disease Treatment At Home with ease using Natures Smile Gum Balm. Natures smile is world’s leading brand to cure Infected Gums without expensive dental procedure. Visit Natures Smile official site by clicking here. https://Naturessmile.com